Thursday 6 September 2012

WOD

I was looking back through my blog last night and realised that I talk a lot about my eating plan and some of the yummy, healthy meals I eat but I haven't talked much about my training. For me training  is a huge part of my life and obviously a massive component to the preperation I am doing for my first competition. I thought I would start blogging some of my work outs. A WOD is acronym for Work Out of the Day and is a Crossfit term.

Thursday mornings I train with my trainer Chris. Today's WOD was a killer leg and back session. And then he threw in some bur-pees and ab work! Thanks Chris, you killed me!

Legs...

4 sets :: 4 exercises :: 60 second rest between sets

Single leg squats :: 10 reps each leg


Weighted single leg step up :: 8 reps each leg
Pistol split squats/lunges :: 8 reps each leg


Seated leg press :: 25 reps


Back...

Mechanical drop sets :: 4 sets :: 60 second rest between sets

Assisted pull up machine

Wide grip :: 8 reps

Neutral grip :: 6 reps

Reverse grip :: 4 reps



Burpees...
(I love a good burpee!)

6 sets :: 30 seconds on :: 30 seconds rest

Abdominals...

4 split sets :: 20 weighted crunches :: 40 weighted abdominal twists :: 60 second rest between sets

I used to train after work. I trained from 5.30 to 6.30pm for years .Even though I loved the gym I don't know how many times I talked myself out of my work out after a crappy day in the office. I was not a morning person and used to set my alarm with the intention of training in the morning but the snooze button would get me every time.

For the last four months I have been training in the morning. I struggled for a few weeks but my body clock changed and I am now a morning person and I absolutely love getting up early. I feel like I have the most energy in the morning, I am well rested and not tired and stressed after a day at work.

I give 110% when I train in the mornings and another great benefit of getting your work out done at the start of the day is you can go straight home from work and enjoy your evenings. Even more awesome as the days get longer and the weather gets warmer.

Set your alarm, give 6am a try and see how you feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment