Tuesday 25 September 2012

5 days out...

And I am waiting to stop feeling so good. I have energy, I feel strong, I feel positive. I need to go with feeling like this and and stop waiting for disaster to hit. I am enjoying this final week and I am loving seeing the changes in my body with every passing day.



Today was my day off from work and for the first time in a long time I felt relaxed. I trained this morning; shoulders and arms followed by sprints on the cross trainer.

I had a sports massage at Wellbeing Sports Massage in Mona Vale . It was heaven and something I highly recommend to everyone even if you aren't training for something. I come out feeling so relaxed and like I have just rewarded myself for my hard work. If you are in a health fund it is definitely worth checking what you can claim back. My massage cost me $20, best $20 I have spent all month!

I have two more work-outs before my competition; cardio tomorrow morning and then legs, chest and back with Chris on Thursday. And then it is the homeward stretch.

I had my last posing practice session today. I am going to try to fit in another after work on Saturday if I am feeling up to it but I think I may need that time to just relax and get organised ready for Sunday. If I'm not up to it on Saturday I feel happy that I will get on stage and not make a complete twat of myself. This girl can turn on a dime on her stripper shoes!


I am at the end of day five of seven of Ketosis* and I am amazed at how well I am doing. I am missing my veggies but not enough that I have wanted to cave in to temptations. I have not missed the starchy carbohydrates at all which is something I am really surprised at. The one thing I am missing is that content feeling of having a full tummy. You know that feeling after a really good meal when you sit back, rub your tummy and think "God! That was good".

So today my meals looked like this ::

Meal 1 :: 7.30am   :: 80g of leg ham with one whole & two egg whites omelette & tsp of coconut butter
Meal 2 :: 10.15am :: 120g of chicken breast with half an avocado and almonds
Meal 3 :: 12.45pm :: 120g of lean beef mince with peanuts
Meal 4 :: 3.00pm   :: 90g of grilled lean bacon with two poached eggs
Meal 5 :: 5.30pm   :: 120g of chicken breast with almond butter
Meal 6 :: 7.45pm   :: 120g of lamb with almonds
Meal 7 :: 10.00pm :: 80g of shaved chicken one whole & two egg whites omelette & tsp of coconut butter



I am an eating machine and I think the fact that I eat about every two and a half hours is what has kept me so focused. You finish one meal and by the time you have done a few bits at work, had a herbal tea (the teas  have really helped me stop constantly thinking about food in between meals) you are ready to eat again!

I'm off to pack my meals for work tomorrow, get an early night and a good night's sleep ready to rock the incline power walk in the morning.

When eating carbohydrates your body will run on the glucose being supplied by such foods. During Ketosis your body has no carbohydrate to run on and therefore switches to burning fats for fuel. Basically put the body starts breaking down your own body fat to fuel the body's normal, every day functions.

No comments:

Post a Comment