Tuesday 2 April 2013

To do...

I have written a list...
 
I find if I have a list of things I need to do then I do it. If I keep them in my head I find it too easy to put those certain tasks that I know I need to do in to the "too hard basket" part of my brain! Simon and I call these blue frogs; I have called them blue frogs for years. I don't know where the name came from but it has stuck and now when Simon and I have blue frogs we challenge each other to get them done and ticked off the list.
 
I find having my tasks and errands written in black and white, right in front of me makes them a lot harder to ignore. It makes them harder to conveniently forget and put off until tomorrow! I have decided to apply this theory to my training this week.
 
I have suggested this plan of attack to a few of my clients who are time poor and miss work-outs due to other commitments. My advice is to plan their week ahead each Sunday; sit down with their diary and schedule their work-outs and what they are going to do at each. What days and times in that week do they know they can put aside for themselves; for their work-outs. This is the time they owe themselves; this is their hour for nobody else; the time they set aside to work closer to their goals.
 
My challenge is consistently including a good amount of interval cardio and strength endurance work. I love weights, I could push weights around the gym for hours if my body would let me. But what I struggle with is finding the motivation to do my cardio. I prescribe it to nearly every one of my clients and do a lot of strength indurance work with them but do very little myself. I know how good it is and what awesome results it brings but I find excuse after excuse not to do it myself. I am being brutally honest here and being a personal trainer I probably shouldn't let my clients know this about me but I feel it only right that they know that I struggle with certain parts of my training in the same way that everyone else does.
 
I am all over my nutrition, this I have no problem planning and sticking to. I love food so ensuring that I always have my meals with me is the not so challenging part for me. My fridge is always packed, my on the go meals are always packed and you very rarely see me with my cooler bag by my side.

 


My cardio training is what needs my attention! So I am going to plan the rest of my week and I am going to {do my absolute best} stick with it!
 
Here is what my week from today until Sunday looks like ::
 


 
Do you plan or do you wing it? Do you have those blue frogs that you know you should have done today but have said you will do tomorrow? Write a list, write one with me and see if having it there in front of you helps; can we all smash our work-outs and get to the end of the week and know we have kicked some massive goals and not cheated ourselves out of "me time". I promise to try my absolute best to stick with my week planner!
 
And as my Grandma would say...
 
Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment