Tuesday 3 July 2012

In my corner...

Today I feel fortunate.

Today I feel lucky to have some awesome people in my life that are encouraging and motivating me in my fitness and health journey.



My amazing boyfriend Simon, who has made me feel like anything is possible and that I can achieve whatever I want if I put my mind to it. My great trainer, Chris, who after just four weeks together has given me the encouragement and tools to realise that I can be the best I can be. My incredible girlfriends who, with the questions they ask me, make me feel like I do know what I am talking about somewhat when it comes to health and fitness.


I would like to welcome the newest person to my corner ::


Matt Cheeman is an amazing person, business man, trainer and athlete. I first met Matt 10 years ago when we worked together in real estate. Matt was a top performing agent and I was starting in my first job as receptionist. We have recently re-connected as he has been looking to purchase a house. I have not managed to sell him anything but he has certainly sold himself to me!


In a nutshell Matt is one of those nutty people that likes to run ultra marathons. He is a runner who runs 100km in one go like it's nothing! That is enough to get me listening to what he has to say. Matt is the founder of two businesses. Complete Fitness Australia (CFA) which was founded in 1996 and Complete Supplements Australia (CSA). For more information on Matt and both his companies please visit the website here.


I am sure Matt will kill me for saying this but I had never been one for supplements. I had never really taken any apart from the odd bottle of fish oil and multi-vitamins here and there. I found it hard to track the benefits of supplements or feel the positives of taking them which is why I think I had found them hard to stick with in the past.


When Chris sent me my new eating plan along with it was a list of supplements I should be taking. For the last four weeks I have followed it religiously.  This time I believe I can feel the positive effects of the supplements. I feel great, I am sleeping well, I have more energy and I think, coupled with the fuel I am putting in to my body and the correct amount of training, the supplements are doing what they are supposed to. Simon and the kids were down with a virus last week which I did not catch. I am putting this down to the supplements and how much work I am putting in to my health.


My pharmacy


Chris' recommended supplements for me are as follows ::
Multi-vitamins 2 tablets 3 x day
Fish Oil 2 tablets (1000mg) 3 x day
9grams Optimum Nutrition Amino Energy pre-workout
40grams of Whey Protein post-workout
Vitamin C 2 tablets post-workout


Four weeks ago Chris asked me to do a Candida test which did not come back looking very good. Candida Albicans is an opportunistic fungus (or form of yeast) that is part of the gut flora, a group of microorganisms that live in your mouth and intestine. When the Candida gets out of control it effects your digestion and the absorption of your food in the small intestine. I always felt like my tummy stuck out a bit and Chris explained that the Candida could be causing this.


Chris prescribed the following for me which has really helped clear up my Candida ::


Pro-biotic (25billion tablet 1 x day)

Oregano Oil 1 x tablet/day
L-Glutamine 3tsp 3 x day
Psyllium Husk 1tbsp 1 x day



I am still taking these as the Candida has not completing gone but my tummy is definitely flatter which I am so happy about! If you would like to know how to test for Candida please drop me an email.


I went to see Matt this morning to discuss the supplements I am taking and whether I should be taking anything else to further complement my training and eating plan.  I am trying to be as much of a sponge when I am with him. Trying to soak up as much information as I can. He knows his stuff, talks the talk and walks the walk.


My latest additions to my supplement family are ::


Rocking it CSA style!


Ultimate Nutrition ZMA which is a supplement made up of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B6.
Zinc is an essential trace element and is excellent in boasting the immune system, treatment of the common cold and preventing lower respiratory infections. Magnesium helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function, keeps heart rhythm steady, supports a healthy immune system, and keeps bones strong. Magnesium also helps regulate blood sugar levels, promotes normal blood pressure, and is known to be involved in energy metabolism and protein synthesis. Vitamin B6 is excellent when it comes to protein metabolism.



Vegetable Greens :: We all need more veggies and with over 62 Phytonutrients from herbal extracts, pre-biotics, pro-biotics, plant enzymes, essential fatty acids, super green food and land, sea and cruciferous vegetables I wasn't going to say no to this awesome tub of greenery!


Finally, VPX protein powder which has no carbs. I picked this up in strawberry flavour and it is delicious! Two scoops equates to 40grams of protein, the perfect amount for a female to absorb in one sitting!


If you would like to know what supplements you should be taking or have any questions about your current supplements I would defintely suggest popping in to see Matt at CSA. CSA is located at shop 7, 42-46 Wattle Street, Brookvale and Matt's contact number is 8221 6448.




Take a look at CSA's awesome movie here.


Check back soon for an update on how I am going with my supps!


Please note: seeking advice from your doctor/medical practitioner is also a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment