Saturday 12 January 2013

We do it outdoors...

I trained a girlfriend the other day and as we were warming up she said something that really resonated with me. She said "people that get up at 6.00am and are out exercising are so happy, everyone I walk past in the morning are in the best moods!"

I, for a very long time, didn't consider myself a morning person. I struggled to get out of bed at 7.30am and get ready and to work on time. I used to train in the evenings after work and I was finding that by 5.30pm I was tired and it was becoming easier and easier to make excuses not to train. I made a decision when I started training with Chris that I was going to train in the mornings. Yes, it was a struggle for a few weeks and I was tired whilst my body adjusted to it's new clock but I persisted and I got there. I like to think of myself now as a morning person and I am up at 5.30am every morning with a smile.

This is what 7.00am at Shelley Beach looks like ::


The pink hat {as we call them} swimming team doing their thing. I bet they are all smiling!

Shelley Beach at 7.00am every Saturday morning is where my Vivid Fitness team hold the group fitness sessions. This morning was a particularly gruelling workout given the already 28 degree heat. The team absolutely smashed it and I was a super proud taskmaster!! Stair runs, long power runs, squats, burpees, push-ups, ab work...you name it I had them doing it and you know what? They all did it with a smile!

The boot camps are currently being run every Saturday morning from 7.00 to 8.00am. We are in the process of organising some new mid week sessions, both early morning and early evening and we will post these times on the Vivid Fitness Facebook Page. If you want to get fit, have fun and be one of those smiling 6.00am people then we would love to see you there!

Smile big :)





No comments:

Post a Comment