Monday 13 August 2012

The wagon...

So this weekend I fell off the wagon! It was the first time in a long time that I went out and when I say out I mean out out!

suited & booted :: city styling

To the City to celebrate Simon's friend's 40th birthday. I had heaps of fun, lots of dancing and too much wine. More wine than I have drunk in a long time and although we weren't home late, home time included toast and muesli and then a magnum. It was good! Why do things taste so much better when you have been drinking?

I woke up the next morning a bit hungover and was hungry. I ate my normal oats and eggs for breakfast. And then I ate muesli with banana and almonds. And I was still hungry! Simon and I sat there and ran through all the yummy things we could have for lunch. There is nothing better than a naughty lunch when you are feeling a bit dusty. Ben Bry's was my hangover cheat meal choice and god it was good. And then we shared a waffle from Barefoot Cafe. And then I was full and filled with guilt.

I beat myself up on the inside all afternoon and all this morning even though I know I have to live and enjoy my life. As I packed my food last night ready for work today I tried hard to remain positive about my cheat meal (and cheat wine). I need it. I need to have a reward at the end of the week as something to look forward to and I also need that cheat meal at the start of the week to help me re-set and re-focus for the week ahead.

I am also going to go for a big letterbox drop this afternoon in Palm Beach (one of the perks of my job) and then hit the gym. Shoulders and arms today and I can't wait. Instead of thinking of this as punishment for eating too much of a cheat meal, I am going to think of my work out this afternoon as my reward for enjoying my Saturday night and enjoying a beautiful day with Simon doing nothing but relaxing, eating and hanging out.

beautiful palm beach

The power of my own positive thinking. And the cheat I now realise I needed to help me re-focus for the coming seven weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment