Wednesday 1 August 2012

Kicking goals...

Today I am proud of myself!

Today marks the day that I can say I made it through Dry July. I made it one whole month without drinking alcohol.

I have kicked a massive goal and can now feel proud of something that I have achieved using my own self belief and determination.

At the moment I feel like I can achieve anything if I put my mind to it. There are times in my life when I do doubt myself and my capabilities so I am finding that if I set myself a goal and succeed it only reinforces to myself that I can achieve big things!

Today is Tuesday and my cheat meal is not until Saturday so it looks like I am actually going one month and four days with no alcohol. I am thinking a few glasses of sauvignon blanc with my mexican!



Do you set goals? Do you see the benefit in giving yourself a task that you know you want to accomplish? How do you feel when you achieve a goal? Or when you don't?

My new goal is to compete in a bikini/fitness competition. The date for my new goal is Sunday 30th September. Eight and a half weeks to see what I can achieve with my body. I have my doubts and fears that I will not be good enough and if I decide closer to the time that I am not ready or I change my mind then that is fine. I will enjoy the preparation, the food, the training and I know I will learn a huge amount.

I have thought a lot about whether I do need to get up on stage and be "judged" and I have realised that, at the end of the day, I need a goal to work towards. I need to know that the hard work is for something, and I think that this is the right decision for me.



This is a new journey that I will share...

No comments:

Post a Comment