Wednesday 2 August 2017

Chicken Soup

If you know me, you'll know that I'm not much of a cook. I like simple, easy meals that take only a little time to prepare. Even more so now I have children that I need to cater for and a baby that is still eating purees.

Here is a quick but delicious recipe for a chicken soup that takes about 20 minutes to prepare. The good thing about this is that it is kid friendly {to a degree, if you don't have fussy eaters} because you can switch out the vegetables to ones that your kids will eat. Or, when my step son turned his nose up at this soup, I just kept two tenderloins for him which I cooked separately with some noodles and he had carrot and celery on the side.

The Ingredients I use are:

600grams diced free range chicken tenderloins
400gram can of sweetcorn
400gram can of four bean mix
2 x 400gram of chopped tomatoes
3 x carrots diced
1 x celery heart diced
1 x chopped onion
2 x cloves of garlic
2 x tablespoons of olive oil

Method

1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft
3. Add the chicken tenderloins and cook until slightly brown
4. Throw in the cans of tomatoes, beans and sweetcorn
5. Cover and cook on low for 90 minutes, stirring regularly

It doesn't get much easier than that!!

Before I serve, I take two cups of the soup out of the saucepan and put aside to puree for the baby. Then I add in salt and pepper and you can also add some chilli flakes if you like things spicy. Cook for another few minutes and the soup is ready to serve.



Just on a side note, the only canned sweetcorn I use is Coles own brand. Be sure to check the nutritional label on the sweetcorn you usual buy as a lot of brands have quite a lot of sugar in the water. The Coles brand has no added sugar so is definitely the smartest choice for canned sweetcorn.





No comments:

Post a Comment